This past weekend, my big human and I were up in Maryland for
Tales from a former Michigander's wedding reception. We had a blast and I will do a different post about that. This post is about our drive home. We left Silver Spring a little before 8 PM on Monday night to drive home. When we were leaving the area where we had been with our friends, we needed to turn left or right. I said, "Honey, I think we should turn right here." He said, "Let's turn left." Since he was driving, we turned left. Now at this point, I was not concerned about getting lost because I spent so much time in Maryland and DC during the summer months of my college career that I can find my way out and get home although it may take me a while. So while it was getting late and we both needed to be to work early in the morning, we went on a little adventure. We headed toward DC and things were fine. I started getting a little nervous because we were on a path to end up in a not nice part of DC. So I gently suggested that we needed to start heading to the right a bit to get to a better part of DC. So we end up on 16th St which takes us up behind the White House. We wave hello to Dubya and make some jokes about stopping by for a drink and keep driving. At this point, we are headed for Union Station which does not get us on a path to get home. I ask "Honey, do you have a path in mind or do you want me to help you get out of here?" and he responded "You can tell me how to get home." We have a brief discussion about which interstate we are going to take to get home and once we decide, we head down 14th St and turn right on Constitution. This puts us on the path to go past the White House again and also the Washington Monument. These places are awesome to view at night and my big human starts making comments that leads me to understand that he has not spent as much time perusing our Nation's Capital as I have. I then turn to him and say "Hey, you wanna do something fun?" and he says, "Yeah babe!". So I direct him to the FDR Memorial. He had never been and it is my absolute favorite memorial to visit at night. In fact, I think I have only visited this memorial at night. If you go late enough, you can play in the fountains. So we got here about 8:30 PM and spent 45 minutes or so hanging out and taking pics. We then packed up and jumped on 66 West and headed home. It was a great night. And I got some great pics.




It was a fun night. I decided that we need to plan a day trip back up to DC so that he can properly view the sights. Can we have our bedroom again,
Tales from a former Michigander?
1 comment:
those photos are beautiful! my fav is the one with the washington monument in the background! glad you had such a fun trip home and you can have our guest bedroom whenever you want!!!! ;)
Post a Comment