The last time I went to Norway, it was May 2004. I really miss it. I need to go back soon.
The last night I was there, I went into Oslo on the train to meet up with some friends. I had been staying at Evelyn's house in Sandefjord but I had to be at the airport the next morning at about 4 AM so it made sense for me to head into Oslo the evening before. I met up with some of Evelyn's friends that I had met during my week there and they lived in Oslo while they were in college. So we went to a forspill which means "foreplay" translated literally. What it really means is a party before going out. Alcohol is extremely expensive at the bars so people usually buy stuff before and drink it at someone's house. Then when they go out, they only have one or two drinks. So we went to this party and I got very drunk. We then took a cab, I think, the details are a little fuzzy, and went to this discotecque that played 80's music. We were there until they closed at 1 AM and as we were walking back to my friend's flat, we discovered this huge flower pot. So I climbed on it.
Look how embarrassed the girls in the background look.
So it took us about an hour to walk back to my friend's flat but it was fine because the sun had already start to come up. I had just enough time to change my clothes and get my suitcase and get to the bus stop so I could get on the 2:30 AM bus going to the airport. I was still drunk when I got to the airport. I'm pretty sure I was still drunk when I got on the plane. But I slept and slept and slept. That was a short trip home!

1 comment:
wow, i can't believe it's been almost 3 years since you were last there!!
Post a Comment