the animal that it once was, I can't seem to cook it or eat it. In fact it makes me quite sick. The 12 year old has been requesting salmon for quite some time. And I have gradually gotten myself accustomed to cooking meat, mainly chicken. So I thought I could handle the salmon. I wasn't quite sure how to prepare it though so I was flipping through my Rachel Ray cookbook and I found a recipe for salmon with a pineapple chutney. I go to the store to buy some salmon and immediately rule out fresh salmon because it still has the skin on it. Can't handle that so I went to the frozen section. I thought I had hit jackpot when I found some salmon fillets that didn't have skin on AND they were on sale. So I head home and go to cook this meal for the boy. I open the package and discover that I was tricked by the packaging. The frozen salmon does in fact have the silver skin as well. So I promptly left the kitchen, went and found the boy's meat-eating father and proceeded to explain to him that he must be the one to cook the salmon since it still looks like the fish and I can therefore not go near it. I was also not prepared for my house to smell like fried fish. I really was meant to be a vegetarian even though I was not meant to be an adventist.
My house smelled so bad that I had to bake double chocolate Ghirardelli muffins to remove the fish smell.
I just need to stick to boneless, skinless chicken breasts that do not resemble the animal.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See what's next...
That's what my title means in case you were wondering...
1 comment:
i remember the days when lauri ate chicken
Post a Comment