Thursday, October 11, 2007

It's about time

My wonderful big human gave me a beautiful watch for my birthday. It was lovely. However, I have freakishly small child-size wrists so the watch didn't really fit. I needed to have links taken out. It needed to go back to the store where it was purchased to have the links taken out. Unfortunately, there is only one person at that store that takes out the links for watches. So we played hide-n-seek for a couple of weeks until yesterday when I was able to pin her down and she had to take out 6 links from the watch. She suggested 3 links at first and I thought maybe 4 but 6? Good grief. But now my beautiful watch fits me perfectly and looks amazing when paired with my bracelet. As my husband said so eloquently last night "You're all blinged out now!" I will post a picture soon of both my watch and my bracelet.

In other news, I took today and tomorrow off from work because I volunteered to accompany 80 4th graders on an overnight camp trip. It's not really camping because there will be cabins but there are no showers and that is going to be a huge hardship for me. My first task doesn't start until this afternoon but it is my normal volunteer day to go to the K-1 classroom of my small boy human and help with language arts. So I decided to go to my favorite cafe and enjoy a latte and a pumpkin muffin since there is a nice cool nip in the air which means it has finally decided to be Fall here. Also, I need to build up my courage because this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow are going to be quite a whirlwind. I am sure we will have fun but I am dreading tonight when it will be me, 2 other moms and approximately 40 girls. They may turn on us. And they are just about the same size as me now. I'm a little nervous! Pray for me!

2 comments:

m said...

40 girls? i'm scared for your life. let us know how it goes...

Kendra said...

look at you going on overnight trips already! you wasted no time settling in officially as an awesome step mom!

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...