Monday, March 17, 2008

Mud Pies and Egg Dyes

I had a lot of laundry to do this weekend. And I loved every second of it.

On Saturday, the weather was beautiful and we had zero obligations. So the small humans went outside after they got ready for the day and they basically stayed outside all day except to come in for lunch and snack. It was awesome. They got to play how I used to play when I was a kid. Digging holes, making mud, collecting sticks and designing forts. They also used the cul-de-sac and played a lot of two-square. This is a made up game that my oldest small boy human created because he can never convince enough of his siblings to play four-square with him. So he drew a rectangle that sort of looks like a domino with sidewalk chalk and we play with a basketball. He beats me and my big human almost every single time. I had a lot of red clay and grass stains to remove from pants on Saturday night. Almost everything came out except there is one pair of khakis that I need to work on more.

On Sunday, the Easter Bunny came early and left baskets and the small humans had a free day with the candy. Needless to say, not a lot of real food was eaten. I mean, who wants homemade waffles with maple syrup when you have just eaten a small bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs and a couple of plastic eggs filled with M&Ms? It's o.k. though because it only happens a couple of times a year when we let them have free reign on that stuff. Then after lunch we went to my mom's house for the afternoon. We painted pictures with watercolors, ate more candy(along with some fresh fruit and veggies), dyed a lot of eggs, had an awesome egg hunt, ate cupcakes, got more stuffed animals, ate hardboiled eggs and played outside some more. I had more messy clothes last night! But I think I got all the egg dye out of them which is amazing since one of the shirts was white!

I'm starting to think that dirty clothes are a sign of a good day.

1 comment:

m said...

this post made my morning. what an awesome momma you are. your small humans (and big human) are some super lucky humans :)

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...