Thursday, March 13, 2008
Is this something I want to throw away in a few months?
This evening I went shopping for the easter basket items for the small humans. I didn't want to get them a ton of candy because let's face it, I'm a bit of a food nazi and they aren't just allowed to eat it whenever they want so that means the big human and I then have to dole it out and it's just no fun. But the alternative of letting them stuff it all in their faces doesn't appeal to me either so I just decided to give them a little bit of candy. I also got them each a new Playmobil person and I was trying to decide if I wanted to give them a stuffed bunny. Being the frugal shopper that I am, I wasn't commited to paying $2.99/bunny at Target so I thought maybe I would find something suitable at the Dollar Tree. Now, I must stop here and say, I feel like a failure every time I go in the Dollar Tree. Maybe it's just the ones here in my town but it really does suck. So I went in and started looking at easter stuff and after I had picked out a few things, I stood there and the realization washed over me that this is all crap that will end up in their rooms which I will then go through and throw away in a few months. And it suddenly wasn't worth it, even if they were only a $1/each. So I put them back and walked out of the store. I'm not saying that I am going to go back and buy the bunnies at Target but with those at least, I know it is something that they would play with. So we'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See what's next...
That's what my title means in case you were wondering...
No comments:
Post a Comment