before you mess with your contacts. Those of you that wear contacts, you've heard that advice from your eye doctor before, right? So have I. Since I was 12 in fact. When did I stop listening? Not sure. But I've learned my lesson now.
Saturday night, I put a vick's vapor patch on my biggest small human's shirt so he could get some coughing relief while he slept. I then walked into my bathroom to take out my contacts. Did not wash my hands and thought briefly as I was removing my contacts, hmmm, seems like there may have been some vick's stuff on my fingers. Fast forward to the next morning. I go to put my left contact in and my eye immediately turns bright red and I have to pry my lids open to get the contact out. UGGHHHHH! I haven't gotten a new pair of glasses in TEN YEARS! Sooooo, since my eye doctor is closed on Sunday and Monday and since I have a very wierd prescription which means no one stocks the contacts that I wear and so it would be useless to go to another eye doctor before mine opens again on Tuesday, I am stuck wearing very old glasses with a VEEERRRY old prescription in them. Which means I can't really see. So no driving and no working because I have to squint to just see the computer screen so after a few minutes of that, I have a raging headache. So I stayed home today. And cleaned out my closet. And organized my bookshelves. Oh and I found something that I had misplaced like two years ago and thought was gone forever. You know how at Christmas, Barnes and Noble sells these prepaid magazine subscription things? Well, two years ago at Christmas, I got a giftcard from my brother and I decided to use that to buy one of those so I could get a subscription to real simple. And then I promptly lost it. But I found it today so I am going to mail it out and hope it is still good.
I was able to put my contacts in for about an hour this afternoon, but the whole time my vision felt a little off and it seemed like my eyes couldn't focus completely so I think maybe the medicine dissolved them a little bit. So I took them back out. But I am going to wear them tomorrow morning because there is a program at the smaller humans' school and I WILL NOT wear these glasses there! Then my eye doctor will be open after that so I will be rescued from my blindness. Lession learned? Oh hell yeah.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See what's next...
That's what my title means in case you were wondering...
1 comment:
oh gosh, i know those glasses you are talking about. they are a little outdated missy... maybe you should get another pair for back up?! funny enough, the last few years i've come to love my glasses so much that i often wear them more than contacts!
Post a Comment