Thursday, April 19, 2007

Typical

I posted a message on a forum for Harley Davidson owners yesterday because I am trying to help my dad pick out a new head unit for his motorcycle. I wanted to make sure that what we pick out will fit since I would be getting it with my employee discount and that makes it non-returnable. So I post the following message:

My father has a 1995 Ultra Classic Electra Glide and he needs to replace his head unit. I work for an electronics company so I am trying to get one for him but I do not know the dimensions of what would fit and if there are any additional adapter pieces that would be needed to install it. My company doesn't do head units specific for motorcycles but it is my understanding that it should be a standard size so most single din head units should fit. Has anyone replaced their head unit with an aftermarket unit and if so, what did you use? Thanks!

Someone wrote a response because they were confused about what I was calling a head unit. For those of you that don't know, a head unit is your radio/cd player in your car. Anyways so this was a response further down to the question of what I was referring to when I said "head unit".

He's talking about the radio

Nice. So either I "sound" like a boy or this person could not fathom that a girl would post something like this. Either way, it's not good. My mini van could squash his Harley.

No comments:

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...