Wednesday, April 11, 2007

OCD Habit #345

I had a moment of awareness this morning. I have a lot of semi-OCD habits. So as I think about them or notice them, I will share them with you. Here is the one I noticed this morning.

When I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I must do the following steps in the following order every single time.

1. lay down a paper towel or a cutting board.

2. take two pieces of whole wheat bread and lay them side by side on the paper/cutting board.

3. place the peanut butter jar directly above the left piece of bread and the jelly jar directly above the right piece of bread.

4. put peanut butter on the left piece of bread and then put jelly on the right piece of bread. and it has to be in that order. can't do jelly first.

I discovered that this morning because I had been stirring a new jar of peanut butter (even though it is a pain, the all natural stuff is the only way to go) and I set the new jar next to the right piece of bread. And it stressed me out until I figured out that I needed to put it above the left piece of bread.

No comments:

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...