Friday, April 13, 2007

Someone get me a time machine!

Looking at people's myspace pages are usually bittersweet for me. I like to see how my friends are doing and what's going on in their worlds. And usually it makes me remember good/funny/enjoyable times that I spent with them.

Then there are other times when I am feeling not so nice. It usually happens around the same time that my PMDD rears it's ugly head. Which by the way I don't know for sure that I have but I like to self-diagnose. So back to the original topic. The past couple of days, I have been feeling very PMDD. Last night, I was home alone and I started messing around on myspace. And I found someone's page that I knew at Andrews. And she had lots of pics on there in a slideshow. And the pics were from her wedding mostly. And it made me unreasonably happy to see that one of her bridesmaids, a girl that was not nice to me at Andrews, has not aged well. I normally try to stay away from those types of thought patterns but as soon as I saw her, I started laughing. And you can't really judge me too harshly on this one because this girl was mean to me when she really had no reason to. I've thought a long time about why a lot of people were mean to me in college and most of them had a very good reason. I was a bitch, annoying, mean to them, etc. But this girl really had no reason. So when I saw her in those pics looking like Megan Mullally and not in a good way (think about those Will and Grace seasons when she was just a smidge too big), it made me happy. Now, I know that we are all getting older and time is not nice but damn it was good to see those pictures!

Then I clicked on someone else's myspace, a friend of this person who I also knew at Andrews, and I started looking at her pics. And I got angry again. There were multiple pics of this person and her friends drinking. Not getting smashed drinking but just having a glass of wine with dinner. And it made me remember all those times I was CRUCIFIED for having a drink when we would go out to dinner and I was over 21. The hypocrisy makes me want to find a time machine and go back to those times and punch them all in their self-rightous faces. I guess that is one of the reasons why I am not an adventist anymore. So to get myself out of that funk, I clicked back over to the first girl to look at her Megan Mullally bridesmaid. And I was happy again.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I'm quite positive that I know who you are calling Megan Mullally and I love you!!

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...