Wednesday, April 18, 2007

OCD Habit #156

There are certain number sequences that make me happy for no other reason than they are unexplicably pleasing for me to look at. I like seeing things like this:

1.) On my odometer: 98889, 70000, 71017, etc.

2.) At the gas pump: $15.00, $20.25, $31.50, etc.

3.) At my job when I am working with purchase orders: 72127, 72727, 69696, etc.

I think it is the patterns that I like. But it is also the "evenness" of numbers like at the gas pump when I know if I went inside to pay, I would only have to use one quarter or two quarters, etc.

Rick called me the other day because he was driving my van and it hit 100,000 miles and I wasn't there to see it. I was very sad. He understood. That's why he called me. That's why I love him.

Last week I was pumping gas in my van and I have tried to just let the pump go and not overfill it by getting to the next quarter and so I set it up and then walked away. I heard the click when it was full and I walked back over and it had stopped at $34.00. That was a good day.

Last night I went to the grocery store to buy mozzarella cheese for sandwiches for school lunches and I also bought a seltzer water for Rick. When the lady totalled my order, it came to $5.00 including the tax. That made me happy.

You guys have strange habits too right? It's not just me, is it?

No comments:

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...