Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cheese baby

Last night I dreamed that I saw a positive pregnancy test. Now before anyone gets too excited, that could be for a number of reasons. The most obvious reason would be because my Big Human and I were hanging out with our best couple friends last night and she found out she was pregnant the day before. This is a much wished for and worked for pregnancy and so we were all very excited. So I had that on my brain before I went to bed.

If you believe in this sort of stuff, it could also be foreshadowing for something in my near or not so near future. It wasn't clear in the dream whether it was my pregnancy test or not but whosever it was, the second line was super dark. Super dark lines = lots of preggo hormones which is generally a good thing. It means that things are sticky. It could be because I have been a little concerned this cycle because there was an *ahem* INCIDENT about 4 days before I ovulated. It wasn't an "oh well, that's it...guess we better start looking for a crib" incident but it was an "are you sure everything was o.k." incident. Soooooo....who knows?

In other news, my quest to use Google to self-diagnose all that ails me is ongoing. I thought I had it figured out. I had identified lactose and possibly dairy altogther as the source of all my pain. So no problem right? Just eliminate sources of lactose and dairy in my diet and take the lactase pill if I must eat cheese or something that may contain cheese. Well that would be a big fat no. Turns out after a couple of doses of the lactase pill, my body has decided that it is even more evil than the cheese so every time I have taken it in the past three weeks, I have vomited. Numerous times. Accompanied by severe abdominal pain. No fun. Now I get bloated, gassy, abdominal pain, nausea and burping for no reason at all. I could have gone all day without eating anything remotely resembling something that has come from a cow and I still get sick. So who knows? I go to the doctor next week to have blood tests done for food allergies. In the meantime, I will continue to look for all sorts of odd ailments that could be the source of all my issues. Cause wouldn't that be cooler to be able to say you have some rare issue instead of saying that cheese makes you so bloated you look 4 months pregnant?

2 comments:

m said...

i so want you to be pregnant. and i've had two very real pregnancy dreams lately. and right after i found out that my cousin is pregnant. that explains one dream. maybe the second one was meant for you ;-)

(oh, and good luck figuring out what ails you! no fun...)

m said...

clarification... right after i had the *dream* i found out that my cousin is preggo. not the other way around. i am clairvoyant. or something like that.

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...