We have had a very busy weekend so far. Actually I need to back up and explain my whole week because it will make what I pulled off today much more impressive.
O.K. so I have volunteered to teach a Natural Family Planning (NFP) class at my church. Because of this, the Big Human and I have to go through the process of getting our marriage convalidated with the Church which means getting his first marriage annulled (not as difficult a process as we imagined since it was not done in the Church), getting married again in front of a priest (which can be a very small affair or a very large affair. we haven't decided but we are pretty sure it is going to be a very small affair. we haven't even decided if we are going to have the Small Humans there or not.) and me finishing up the process of converting. It seems like a lot of work just to teach a class but this is a Very Important Class and the Diocese would have a big problem if I were to teach it while being in a marriage that was not valid in the eyes of the Church. I believe very much in natural forms of family planning and I think that is important to spread the word. So this week, I started my training class so that I can be certified to teach. So I was doing that after work some this week. Which took up some of my time.
**TMI alert**
I also started my period on Thursday night which meant that the cramps from hell started. This was a particularly painful cycle which meant that I did not sleep most of Thursday night. Friday morning, I was feeling o.k. but since I had not slept and I knew that the cramps would start back up, I stayed home. I slept for a couple of hours and then woke up with some of the most painful cramps I have ever felt. My Big Human was out of town for the day on business and I couldn't get my mom on the phone. Finally she called me back around 3 PM and I was bawling into the phone about how much pain I was in. She came to help me out and and finally started feeling better around 5 PM.
Now I had scheduled Thursday night and Friday afternoon as my time to get ready for the Halloween party we were hosting this weekend at our house. That obviously did not happen because I was in so much pain so I had to rush around and do it last night and this morning but it went off without a hitch. We had six school friends show up and they all had a blast and ate way too much candy and then we sent them home! But since the oldest small boy human is "too big" to participate, he has two friends over tonight for a sleepover. So right now my room has been taken over by three teenage boys because one of them brought over their XBOX and they are playing some game and eating pizza. I'm giving them until midnight and then they need to hit the racks. We have a busy day tomorrow as well because it is my mother-in-law's birthday and we are hosting some of the siblings and cousins to have cake and ice cream in the afternoon. I haven't quite figured out how we are going to fit an extra 12-15 people in this house but they'll go somewhere right?
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See what's next...
That's what my title means in case you were wondering...
No comments:
Post a Comment