Monday, February 11, 2008

No Power Day 2

Ughhhhh, this is getting old. So I stayed at Panera as long as I could last night and then I ventured home HOPING AND PRAYING that our power was back on. No dice. The good news is that my mom's house had power. So the big human and I packed up and headed out there. The bad news was that the family that my mom nannies for also did not have power so the girls were sleeping in their room at my mom's and their parents were sleeping in the room that my sister and I shared. So the big human and I had to sleep down in the basement in the guest bedroom. So totally not fun. First of all, the pillows that used to be on my bed upstairs that were absolutely horrible have migrated down there. I hate those pillows. I want to burn those pillows. They are very very uncomfortable and I can't sleep with them. I tried but around 3:30 AM, I gave up and got up looking for other pillows. I found a different pillow but it was no use. I didn't sleep last night. So I am taking the day off from work because based on how I feel right now, if I push through and go to work, I will definately be an absolute wreck physically.

So I came home this morning and was overjoyed to see that the stop light near my house was working and it appeared that power had been restored. I walked in to my house and it felt cold. So I attempted to turn on a light. NOPE. No power still. GRRRRRRRRR. So I am at a gas station/coffee house/internet cafe that is around the corner from my house that does have power. I really really need to sleep. But it's flippin' cold in my house! My plan is to wait another 30 mins or so and head back to my house. If the power is still off, then I will head to the gym so I can at least take a hot shower. Thank god for Gold's!

No comments:

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...