Saturday, February 9, 2008

It could be an illusion, but I might as well try...

So I have committed to teaching my big human that stuffing things in boxes does not equal cleaning. A few months back, I asked him to help me clean up our bedroom. I was doing a deep clean/organization project in the small humans' rooms so when I came back later, there were a couple of file boxes neatly piled up in our room and the room was clean. I then reorganized our storage shed and put those boxes neatly in it. This afternoon, I was looking for some papers so I ventured out into our storage shed and started looking through those boxes. Well it seems that my big human was just picking up piles of stuff and not sorting through them or anything, just putting them in the boxes. I located, among other things, a cell phone charger, the base unit for our XM player, a few books that I had been wanting to read and some CDs that had never been opened. One of those CDs was a Grateful Dead that has one of my favorite songs on it, Scarlet Begonias. I love it so much so I looked online for the lyrics and here they are:

As I was walkin round grosvenor square
Not a chill to the winter but a nip to the air,
From the other direction, she was calling my eye,
It could be an illusion, but I might as well try, might as well try.
She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes.
And I knew without askin she was into the blues.
She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls,
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls.
In the thick of the evening when the dealing got rough,
She was too pat to open and too cool to bluff.
As I picked up my matches and was closing the door,
I had one of those flashes Id been there before, been there before.
Well, I aint always right but Ive never been wrong.
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Well there aint nothing wrong with the way she moves,
Scarlet begonias or a touch of the blues.
And theres nothing wrong with the look thats in her eyes,
Wind in the willows playin tea for two;
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue,
Strangers stoppin strangers just to shake their hand,
Everybodys playing in the heart of gold band, heart of gold band.

Ahhh perfection.

1 comment:

m said...

i wouldn't have pegged you for a deadhead. this is fun. tell us more... ;-)

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...