Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just about right...

Well, I got my wish. Sort of. It is snowing but it didn't start until about 8 AM this morning so when I woke up at 5 AM, the ground was bare and dry. Ugh. So I went back to sleep for a bit and then got up and got ready and went into work. It started coming down hard and heavy and by 10 AM, the schools had been closed and my boss said I should leave at Noon and work from home the rest of the day. Sooooo, now I am snuggled up on my couch in sleep pants and a sweatshirt, with my slippers on and I am wrapped in a fleece blanket. I opened the blinds in our living room so I can see the snow and it has started to ice a bit so I am listening to the tinkling of little pieces of ice hit the skylight in the living room. Ahhhh, so nice. One problem. My internet and satellite connection seems to be on the fritz. So I am stealing internet from one of my neighbors right now. I am afraid to move my laptop because I don't want to lose my connection. I really want to make some coffee but I don't want to move! Aghhhh! Maybe I will chance it. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

i wish i could have been sent home today. i would have loved a snow day! it was coming down like crazy and we have a few inches of snow, but i was told kaplan has only closed once in like 12 years. i guess we only close if the metro closes. :(

m said...

mmmmm. snow.

i'm jealous.

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...