This past weekend was very emotional for me. Well, not the whole weekend but the beginning of it. In the course of 24 hours these things happened to me.
Hello: I said Hello to Addison. The whole labor and birthing process was very emotionally draining for me to watch because it was my close friend going through it. I will write a whole separate post about that soon.
Goodbye: When I recovered on Friday from being up so late on Thursday, I checked the hamster cages and S'Mores wasn't moving. Or breathing. He was dead. And I was devestated. I called Rick bawling and then proceeded to scoop him up and put him in a shoebox.
Goodbye: Rick went to the pet store and tried to buy a S'Mores lookalike and bring it home on the off chance that his child owner wouldn't notice that he was dead. I told him that the new hamster was a lot smaller than S'Mores. I opened up his shoebox to show him and Rick announces that he was still breathing. Great. Here we go again. He died within the hour. It felt like saying goodbye twice.
Hello: Once his child owner arrived home and noticed that he was dead, there was a lot of crying all around. She then noticed the box containing the new hamster and promptly decided that her name was Stacy and she needed to move into S'Mores's old cage. So I had to say hello to this new baby hamster that kind of looks like S'Mores but she's not the same.
I was drained when I went to bed on Friday night. This is why I can't have a dog or a cat. If I reacted this way to a hamster dying, what would happen if something like that died? Geez.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See what's next...
That's what my title means in case you were wondering...
1 comment:
yeah you have no idea. i cried last week reading someone's story on dogster about their dog that had just died.
Post a Comment