Day Two...wonder if I can keep this up? Anyways, I'm here now and that's what counts, right?
Here's my observation for the day: Dads don't know how to have quiet feet. I'm staying with a family this week that I used to nanny for. The mom and dad left this morning to go to London until Saturday. So I came over last night to spend the night so I didn't have to arrive at the butt crack o'dawn. But the dad decided at 5 AM, right before they left to go to the airport, that he absolutely needed something from the kitchen. And proceeded to walk the wood-floor hallway IN HIS SHOES to the kitchen and back down to the garage. Which woke me up. And the twins.
Now I have witnessed this type of behavior before, namely in my Big Human. He thinks that yelling whispers, briskly shutting cabinets (as opposed to just letting them slam shut) and blowing his nose (which he does very loudly BTW) is all reasonable behavior in the living room/kitchen and will not wake our children. Yeah, right. I have perfected the ability to shut their doors without making a sound and I have even figured out that if I crank down the HVAC long enough for it to turn on, it will mask the noise of shutting the bathroom door. That last hour of sleep is precious and should NEVER be disturbed!
So now I am in bed and ready to call it a night and it's not even 9 PM yet. It's been a long, sleepy day.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
See what's next...
That's what my title means in case you were wondering...
No comments:
Post a Comment