Thursday, November 5, 2009

Heavenly

This week, I've been pulling double duty. I worked my regular job Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday while also working a nanny job. It's with the family that I used to nanny for on a daily basis before the twins started kindergarten. Whenever the parents go away on a trip, I stay with the boys. This week, it happened that the boys had Thursday and Friday off from school. So I mentioned to the mom and dad that maybe we would do a day trip to D.C. to go to the Natural History Museum. They offered to get us a hotel room so we could make it a two day trip. So here I sit, in a Heavenly bed, in a Westin hotel room with my belly full from room service. Ahhhh, traveling on someone else's dime makes it even more like a vacation!

The struggle for me though when I do things like this with the twins is that I always end up feeling:

A. Regret that my kids aren't experiencing this

and

B. Sadness because I miss my family

It's also a struggle because I feel like it's a good thing that I am exposed to this type of living but at the same time, it's as if Pandora's box has been opened. I know what it's like to fly on a private jet. I know what it's like to just grab your swimsuit and head to the country club and not have to worry about sunscreen or towels because they provide it all. I know what it's like to be tired from a fun day of exploring and swimming and just pick up the phone and order what you want to eat. The problem comes in that I want to be able to give those experiences to my kids as well and unless I hit the lottery one of these days, that isn't happening.

But for tonight, I will enjoy the Heavenly shower, the Heavenly mattress and the Heavenly pillows.

No comments:

See what's next...

That's what my title means in case you were wondering...